- 30-May-2014 to 23-Jul-2014 (EST)
- Hazlet, NJ, USA
- Part Time
Meridian Fitness & Wellness in Hazlet, which opened in 2000, is the most comprehensive fitness and wellness facility in the region. With over 28,000 square feet of newly renovated fitness space, our Hazlet location has two Group Exercise Studios as well as private fitness studios for Spinning and Pilates Reformer. In addition, Meridian Fitness & Wellness Hazlet offers fully-equipped Small Group and Personal Training areas as well as cardiovascular and strength training floors featuring state-of-the-art equipment.
Meridian Fitness & Wellness in our Hazlet location is currently seeking Member Services Representatives (Front Desk) to join our team. (Current shift openings are for weekends, Sat. 3 - 7 pm and Sun. 1 - 7 pm.) This position reports to the Member Services Manager / General Manager or Executive Director.
POSITION PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
To uphold and enhance the member service levels of Tilton Fitness by:
a) Greet all members and guests, by name, as they enter the club
b) Say goodbye to all members and guests, by name, as they leave the club
c) Uphold Tilton's "Clean and Friendly" motto
d) Act as liaison for all members and guests when they seek assistance at the
Member Services Desk
• Greet and say goodbye to all members and guests as they enter or leave the club.
• Be knowledgeable of club programs so that you may answer questions from
members and guests.
• Ensure that towels are always ready for members and guests as they enter the
• Be at work prepared to work at the scheduled start time of each shift.
• Get coverage for any shift you are unable to work yourself and inform the Member
Services Manager when this occurs. It is your responsibility to get coverage for
your shifts, not your managers.
• Ensure that the club remains in immaculate condition and appearance at all times.
• Shift out the cash register at the end of each shift and ensure all monies collected
during your shift are present. You will be held responsible to all monies taken
during your shift.
• Assist any member that comes to the Member Services Desk seeking assistance
directly if possible or by getting the appropriate other staff person to help (i.e. the
Floor Trainer if the member or guest needs assistance on the workout floor).
• Assist with any additional administrative responsibilities assigned to the Member
Services Department such as labeling or addressing envelopes for mass
Expected Attributes by Tilton Fitness:
• Demonstrate strong service and motivational habits & behaviors.
• Attend to all details and responsibilities of the position in a timely, efficient and
• Maintain a high level of self-motivation.
• Interact in a professional, polite and courteous manner with other club and staff
• Communicate (problems)/concerns to the Member Service Manager and General
Manager and contribute to their solution.
• Maximize the quality of the member's experience by enthusiastically
communicating and promoting club information directly and through staff.
• Addresses members concerns in a tactful and prompt manner
• Communicate pertinent information to all managers, staff and members in a timely
and professional manner.
• Maintain CPR/AED and First Aid Certifications.
Experience: Preferred 1-2 years of reception and/or cashier experience.
Attributes: Exceptional communication and motivational skills; well-organized; love of the
fitness and service industries; strong sense of team work; excellent
interpersonal skills; positive outlook; enthusiastic; self-motivated;
Requires an outgoing personality with the ability to effectively communicate with people.
Requires a sincere interest and enthusiasm in one's own fitness and helping others
achieve their fitness goals. Requires the ability and desire to learn more about fitness,
interpersonal communication, and marketing strategies. Self-motivating, aggressively
friendly, self-confident & poised.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!